Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas, Christmas Time Is Here

It has been a while since I sat down to think about our daily happenings. Sarah was given a CD by her sweet small group leader, Chloe. It is by Straight No Chaser. The first song is very fast and they seem a little like they have ADD (so MK says) and they sing Christmas, Christmas time is here...shopping, shopping, etc. I have felt that speediness of this December. The rush of the song, the pressure of the "to do list", the activities on the calendar. I must say this year has been less filled than in the past, but still I feel we got a late start.

We started our Christmas season off as normal...tagging a tree at Gray's Christmas Tree Farm. We were sad to see the newspaper listing that this was their last year  of owning the farm. We traveled to Hatley to pick the "perfect" tree. We were greeted by the new family who will open a farm a few miles down the road. We were relieved with that news. Next it was down to business and y'all it only took 5 whole minutes to meet this grand 10 footer.

Gray's Christmas Tree Farm 2010


Daddy made certain  that we got our full tree farm experience. We rode the train through the farm one last time. Thanks Philip for helping us make memories no matter how old we get!




We waited a week or so before Daddy went back to the farm to retrieve our tree. It is an annual tradition that we decorate our tree together. With Christmas music playing & spiced tea cooking, we began the process or sorting through ornaments and adding our favorites to the tree.




Our ornaments are wooden ones that Granny gave me when I was younger and I've given each of you. They are handmade by a lady named Gay from Jackson. Granny met her at the Canton Flea Market years ago. We have ornaments that tell stories of our family too. Ones from vacations, made at school, from our friends, etc. I love to hear the stories you tell as I pull them out of the box. I've always loved to hear you retell the stories. I think we always say this, but "our tree is the most beautiful one we have ever had".



the finished product


No comments:

Post a Comment