Monday, January 31, 2011

My Cup of Joy

I have spent the past several years trying to find answers to questions about my living with chronic pain. I was diagnosed a year ago with what many call an " invisible illness". It is one that no one really sees, but I certainly can feel. At my worst, I hurt from the hairs on my head to the tips of my toes...all at the same time.

It can become a very consuming thing. In that I mean, when a person lives in chronic pain they can only think about that pain. It consumes their mind, their actions, their words, their lives. The people around you can't really see the pain so sometimes the thing that consumes you can really annoy them. This makes it hard to live with the person. I mean how much can one person hear about a pain that no one can see?

While I've spent the past year, learning more and more about my particular illness; I have also searched for what to do to make things better. See there is no known "cure".  I have learned in my time alone at home- in my pain to turn to my GOD. He has been my Comforter and  my Healer. I began by finding music that directed me back to God's word. I would intentionally look for words to repeat back to God so that I knew He was those things to me.

I had considered my relationship with Him a good one. I did all the right things...read, attended, listened, etc. I think that I finally realized though that I had to totally believe everything thing that I read and listened to. I had to follow through and let go so God could be those things to me.


My cup of joy overflows now. I make my gratitude list, I speak His promises back to Him, I sing His praises, I pray. Yes, I still live with a life of pain daily, but I'm discovering that in the midst of it all He is still the cup filler!


Monday is the day I post more gifts in my count to 1000.... #98-129
Exciting adoption news for a friend
Gift of friendship and likeminded parenting
A room rull of praying women
Spiritual leadership of missions director
Blessing of adoption for so many
Morning conversations with Philip
Morning devotions on the way to school
The ease of pain so work can be done
To see my baby smile
The kindness of appreciation for a job
A walk in the crisp air
Strength to get housework done
Someone looking at our house -for sale
A friend with whom I can be open
To see a friend's excitement in answered prayer
To voice of a little one learning to say your name
Warm days
A son's excitement over his sport
A day filled with girls
A family friendly movie
PW roast and mashed potatoes
Watching God at work in the lives of friends
The movie that makes me able to talk to teenagers
Boys faces after a boy birthday
Little girls faces after quality time with her Daddy
Your word that makes me think
Talks about money that aren't as painful-debt freedom!
New babies for friends who thought it impossible
A walk of praise
An answer to prayer
Friends seeing Your grace

No comments:

Post a Comment