Thursday, January 6, 2011

Trippe Christmas

We have traditionally tried to celebrate Christmas with my Dad's side of the family. On Christmas morning, after we enjoy our own gift exchange, we pack the car to head to Inverness/Indianola. Uncle Ed Pratt & Aunt Donna host the George Trippe Family Christmas. My aunts, uncles, cousins and their families all gather together for Christmas lunch. This is the one time of year that we get to see one another. This year we enjoyed the morning with....Ed Pratt, Donna, Kathryn Ann, David, Billy, Stacy, Angela, Penny, Travis, Mary Margaret, Bubba, Philip, and I. The kids were mine and Mary Margaret's. We enjoyed Donna's tiramasu. It is always a crowd favorite. After lunch, the Trippe men rush out the door for deer camp. The rest of us continue to catch up from our past year. Following our visit, Philip and I take the kids and Mom to the cemetary to visit Daddy, Peacho and Granddaddy's graves. I want the kids to have memories of who my Dad was even though they have never met him.

The rest of the day we head to Moms for the Hutcherson family Christmas. Mama is always good at   making sure that Honey and Nickki get Christmas dinner . We exchange gifts with everyone. In years past, Honey was the one who crawled under the tree to be the elf that delivered gifts to everyone. This year, Trippe took on this role. The kids were so blessed this year...Honey gave them each a signed copy of his book, A Lad from Lamont. We have spent the night the past few years so that cousins can play together.

This year I have no pictures because I forgot to charge my battery post Christmas morning snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment