Friday, March 25, 2011

Life Was Easier When...

It seems like just yesterday that Mary Katherine and Sarah were 1 and 2. I thought life was hard with girls 13 months apart. I'm realizing now 15 years later that it was easier. We celebrated all those years ago each step, word, and accomplishment. Don't get me wrong, we still celebrate, but it seems harder.

Today I took Sarah for her driving permit test. (she passed!)  Mary Katherine has officially been on the road (ALONE) for a month. I said out loud today that this is just hard. They are growing up so fast. I don't really encourage the accomplishments anymore. As a mother, you must know what I mean. I do celebrate my children (all 4), but seriously, a drivers license leads to driving places...driving leads to junior and sophomore years....which leads to dating...graduating...college. See it is so hard to celebrate the accomplishments. They are harder to face.

I remember when they were small and a certain husband (who will remain unnamed to protect his manhood-my favorite part about him), would cry as they reached a milestone. I was the tough one. I announced that it was our job to raise them and send them out. Well, roles are reversing. I'm kicking and screaming with all of this. Stop the train...it is moving too fast. I really do think that life was much easier back when I could place them in the floor and there they stayed until I returned.

No comments:

Post a Comment