Wednesday, April 13, 2011

One of the Hardest Jobs

One of the hardest jobs has been to parent. I worked outside the home for several years. By far this is the toughest and most rewarding job that I've had. I actually spend time and money trying to learn how to be a more effective parent. I look at it, and realize how far short I fail. I look back to days of babies and young children and see where I missed out. I was not the best Mom or the funnest. No excuses, but I think those were some of fibromyalgia's early days in my life. I feel like I was growing in my faith and not quite as prepared as I thought. Are we ever totally prepared?

The most challenging to date has been  parenting teenagers. It  flat out hurts at times. Their words and attitudes cut you so deep. It takes away all you've been trying to accomplish for those 13 plus years.

Sometimes I look up and wonder where I've gone wrong. I realize that parenting good kids (that is what we have) is so HARD.  I can't fathom parenting bad ones.

The only thing that I can say is it draws me to my knees. I am at the foot of the Cross begging constantly for my children.

So I guess, in the land of parenting it can be good to have teenagers-if it draws me closer to Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment