Monday, January 21, 2013

New Year & My ONE Word

I haven't blogged since the Fall. So many things have taken place and the world is moving a warped speed. (I have a million different topics floating through my mind as I write this now.) I prayed over my selection, I dug through scriptures, and I looked at other's One Word 365. There are so many good words out there to pick from and I struggled to find my ONE.

In the past, my word has been obvious that it spoke to me. This year I chose my word and still questioned 17 days later was it my word  or had I just settled. This week I think I have realized something- I have picked the right word.

My ONE WORD for 2013 is ......






Focused. See I feel scattered, disjointed, pulled, distracted and most of all not clearly FOCUSED. I am looking at a year of decision-Some for me, some that my children will make, and some with Philip.  As apart of a group study & church challenge, I was entering January with a food fast of sorts ( 7, a mutiny against excess by Jen Hatmaker). I thought this is the perfect storm to become FOCUSED.  Even as I began my journey into 2013, I have struggled by not feeling I chose the right word. I have finally decided this week that I am on target.

I have bounced from thing to thing &  thought to thought all week. I am beginning to feel like a ping pong ball. It hit me hard today- FOCUS! I am lacking focus.

So I decided to sit still, a write my thoughts. This will be a place where I can remind myself of my WORD. I believe the clearing of my body of yucky food & my thoughts from that food to God's call on my life is step one of the year of FOCUSED living!

No comments:

Post a Comment