Saturday, April 6, 2013

Memory Quilt

Making a t-shirt memory quilt is something that I have been planning since MK was little. My hoarding self has saved t-shirts since forever. I began several months ago the process. MK had pulled out her favorite shirts. I let them collect dust. I spent one night watching TV with the family while cutting the fronts off the the shirts then again more dust collecting. (I feel the dust intermissions will add to the sturdiness of the finished quilt).

This weekend I have been determined to knock off the dust. I spent today ironing the pellon onto the wrong side of the fronts. This was a two hour project with some carpool interruptions. I set the iron up so I could watch Food Network which helped because I do NOT like to iron.

After the ironing, I have decided to watch the Final Four minus a quilting project in my hands. My next step is to cut the fronts into 15 x 15 squares. I will take pictures, but so far it has been an enjoyable project. (Not much skill needed so far) I am struggling with what color to make the sash (boarder) fabric. I still have some time to think on this one.

I have attached the pattern from Goose Tracks that I am using.

http://www.goosetracks.com/T-Shirt%20Quilt%20Instructions.html

I chose this pattern because it gave me dimensions for every size from a lap quilt to a king sized quilt. The directions are thorough and easy to follow. Pictures to follow in my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment