Monday, February 14, 2011

A Day of Love

Today is Valentine's Day. Philip and I never have made a big deal of this day. Partly because of finances, but mostly because we've both felt that we should celebrate our love all year. My hubby is a sweet romantic of a man at times. I've gotten flowers when I got a new job-when I had a new baby (a large new job)-when he knew I'd had a bad day. I have even been know to receive flowers on Valentine's Day. This day I received my favorite gift....a hand-written note of 10 reasons he loves me. My man really knows me well. I am blessed!

One thing that we have been certain to do since our children were born was take Valentine's Day to celebrate God's love for them. We have left a card or a treat at their spot at the breakfast table. We want the kids to know how much we love them and how much God loves them. Today I gave homemade valentines with a devotion book or book about being who God has called you to be.

We are very thankful that He has blessed us with four children to love!  So...Happy Valentine's Day to my precious husband and four wonderful children....I LOVE YOU!

Today's love list from God to me....

# 154-#199
-how sick kids let you love on them no matter how old they are
-time with one child to share for the day
-coffee to warm the inside when the outside is so cold
-opportunities to share with a child what God just taught me-He shows me so I can show them
-the long eye lashes of a freckled faced, blue-eyed boy
-birthdays for children that just keep celebrating
-doctors who educate
-friends who call to give encouragement
-opportunity for date night
-kids who are honored for their accomplishments
- friends who support your efforts in missions
-time with family-enjoying our common favorite thing
-watching snow fall
-afternoon naps
-60% days at school
-family night at basketball
-seeing extended family
-a home team win
-a careful, wise husband
-a patient husband
-the snow covered ground
-laughter of family
-kids who listen
-clean clothes
-customer service you can communicate with
-women who write words that make you think
-teachers who listen to your child
-new revelations about God's word
-time for home improvements
-a beautiful, sunny day
-pound cake with strawberries
-little girls who get excited about boxes from the attic
-a little girls joyful reminder to praise the Lord
-a warm, sunny day
-a good nights sleep
-prayer shared with friends
-being on the same page with Philip
-watching young friends grow through their struggle
-alarms that wake even if later than expected
-precious notes of love from my husband-who really knows me
-a day to celebrate God's love over our children
-a walk with God's word
-a washing machine that is actually washing
-the smell of a "love" cake baking for after school
-a faithful friend who knows your routine

3 comments:

  1. -being on the same page with Philip

    An important thing indeed... something my husband and I struggle to keep afloat at. This list was a treat to read. Thank you for blessing me with it today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin- I can think of many days we are not on the same page. I am learning to see the blessings. Thanks Ann for making me stop to be grateful! So glad you were blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m here today from Ann’s. I know it’s Thursday and the linky is on Monday – but getting through them all to get to yours took some time :)

    First – what a special tradtion you’ve started – who knows how many generations down the road it will be carried :)

    And my fave from your list? -a walk with God's word (I’ve had many of these and the secrets revealed by just the right verse at just the right moment – living parables – moving illustrations – I heart this one)

    God Bless and Keep You and yours

    ReplyDelete