Monday, February 7, 2011

A Thankful Heart

In my counting of the gifts, I am recognizing that we have a choice in life. We are given this life by God...His gift of grace. He has chosen us to be his "treasured possession" (1 Peter 2:9). So if our Creator God, chose us to live this life then we must choose to live the life He has called us too. I think way too long I have lived life my way according to my plans. Now granted they have been good plans...I'm not some evil mastermind so I thought for so long God would approve of my plan. Wouldn't life be simpler? I would be happy, comfortable and the plan would be easy.

I am arriving to the thought that God's plan is so much better. He wants more for me than I can even imagine. He wants me to live life to its fullest...John 10:10. My prayer this year is that I can begin to live life in Thanksgiving for the many graces that God has given me. I think my gifts list focuses me on my thankful heart...my gratitude toward God.

I need to incorporate my prayer, my spoken words to family and friends, and my life song to this cause...gratitude...thanksgiving...God's abundant life!

My Monday Gift List...#130-153

*gift of energy needed
*opportunity to serve
*gentle sound of rain on the windows
*honest words-even if they sting a bit
*a minute of quite
*gentle hands that ease tension
*laughter of daughters
*the excitement of a birthday girl
*friendships rekindled
*old friends and the gift of prayer
*books that lead me to Eucharisteo
*a day off to renew a kids heart
*conversations about prayer for others
*teachers who point you to Christ
*friends who honestly look in with correction
*time with friends who "get" you
*soft puppies
*kids who honor other kids
*new hair days
*soft snow
*sounds of the fire crackling
*Your word that knocks us over
*kids who enjoy seeing You
*slower days - meant for catching up

The grateful heart continues to open...

1 comment:

  1. Love the friends that "get" you and can honestly "correct" and always being pointed to Christ:) Great list.

    ReplyDelete