Monday, February 21, 2011

Thankfulness

I've begun this journey of gratitude. This exercise of discipline. I am looking for the gifts that God places before me. What do I see? My list tells a story-a journal of God at work in our lives. This act of gratitude is a journey toward a joyful heart. It makes me stop and see the blessing in all things.

I sometime find myself writing the same thing down on several days, but I feel my gratitude toward that thing is growing even more. After a long, cold winter, I truly  find myself grateful for the warm sun shining on me.  Is this what God does? Opens my eyes, and my heart to the simple things.

My study of the 1000 Gifts book has lead me to ask today...What do I want? When Jesus looked at the blind man and asked him this question, the answer was "I want to see." That too is my answer, I want to see more of Jesus in my everyday. I want to slow time and enjoy the simple things that God has put before me. I read today that I have to be disciplined to be thankful for the good so that when I face the hard time I can be grateful for God's presence.  God is good, all the time and He loves me. These are two truths that I cling too!

My gifts list continues to grow....#200-253
*for teachers who love to teach
*for older girls who open up about their day
*Monday's car madness-because kids talk to you
*challenge teachers who love my kids
*a day beautiful enough for Sarah's horse ride
*a barbecue valentines dinner the family likes
*clean sheet day
*6 deer feasting on fields
*a cross in the brittle broken trees
*a long ride & visit with husband
*uninterrupted conversation
*retro music that remembers
*parking passes
*a night with friends
*beauty of ice hanging from the mountainside
*morning snuggles with a sweet baby
*your name from a baby's sweet voice
*morning ride through the backroads
*old girlfriends laughter as stories are told
*the heart of a new father as he waits to receive his adoptive daughter
*time to counsel new moms
*smiles of two new drivers as they pass their driving test
*time with daughters
*quiet time to re-group thoughts
*repairman who are smarter than me
*birds singing as I open windows at the beginning of Spring
*a clean house
*a washing machine that will go through 1 more load
*lots of coupons to clip
*hearing the joy in a friends voice as they share about their new job
*girls mexican night
*a brave little girl in her first piano competititon
*a warm sunny day
*birds singing in the spring morning
*birds soaring across the blue sky
*girls singing loudly and "rocking" the van
*sunshine warmth
*boys soccer that finally makes the finals
*wind blowing
*lunch outside
*kids eat "free" Sunday
*friends who love you enough to help
*birds flying wildly in the blue sky
*freckled faced boys who score the winning goal
*full orange moon to light the night sky
*dog kisses after a night away
*buds on pear trees
*forgetting my Bible-I missed reading!
*a walk of praise
*reconnecting with a friend
*daffodils
*a clerks heart softening after years of prayer
*saving $111 at the grocery store
*medicine that relieves a headache

No comments:

Post a Comment