Tuesday, January 24, 2012

My Brave Little Girl

I have four beautiful children, and they each make me proud. We have been blessed beyond belief with kind-hearted, Jesus loving, and beautiful children. (I am bragging-a Mother's right!)

It is so hard to believe that our oldest is  17 TODAY. This shy little girl has grown into a beautiful and strong young woman. She serves in church, in our community, she is an athlete and a good student. She is driven to be the best at whatever she is involved.

This girl in her early days was shy and fear-filled. It is amazing to see what God has done through her. I know that her life is still just getting started, and He has more things to do through her.

When she was little, she loved to dress-up. She and her sister would put on plays on our hearth where they sang at the top of their lungs. Both girls, when in public would hide behind me and stay as close as possible. 

Some days though, this shy little girl would leap off of the chair and proclaim "Marykathaleena!" We always have joked when she called herself  that name she was her "brave self".

Now that MK is older there are few days I see a shy, fear-ful girl. Lately, we see her shining her light for the Lord so brightly. Just the other night I witnessed by 16 year old daughter leap forward screaming-"Marykathaleena".

Her good friend encouraged her to participate in a school Parade of Beauties. Now my girl is beautiful, but she isn't normally one to put on a formal dress and waltz across a stage waving. Take a look at these pictures and you too will hear her use her brave voice.....










By the way, she was MOST BEAUTIFUL in the eyes of family and friends!
Happy 17th Birthday Mary Katherine!

No comments:

Post a Comment