Friday, January 13, 2012

Old Testament - New Lessons

Yesterday I was reading in Genesis (Day 12 of the Chronological Bible). I got to Jacob, Rebekah, Esau, Issac and my eyes were opened to several new truths.

First of all, I was hit smack between the eyes as a Mom when I read that Rebekah is the one who started the whole blessing reversal scam. It said that she grabbed Jacob and told him to bring two prized goats in. She overheard the conversation between Esau and Issac about the blessing and she wanted it for her "favorite"son.

Oh, my heart ached. Lord, help me not to be a Mom that schemes to change the blessing for my children. I pray that I'm not the stumbling block in their lives. I do not want to any day suggest that we do something to change their course. I pray that my life would be an example to them that leads them straight to God's plan and will for their future.

Secondly, I was taken by the Jacob's ladder story. I have sung.."We are climbing Jacob's ladder" since early preschool days. (hand motions and all) I never stopped to think about God speaking to me that way. I do dream vividly at night. I have had dreams about people I know and situations I am aware of. I realized this morning that God is might just be using my dreams to unfold something for me or people in my life. I need to seek Him more to see if this is the case. What is God saying to me at my Bethel? Am I hearing Him? Could He use me this way?

Where are you reading in God's word? What are you learning from Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment